Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My favourite living Baboon!

Probably the worst thing about my Grandma is that she spits on you a lot when she talks cause she lost her teeth in the war. So annoying! Thanks for nothing Grandma!
(That's her in the top right corner of the photo.)

Hair Today, No Man Tomorrow:

When I was 7, my Grandma (aka Babunia in Ukrainian, or as my brother and I lovingly refer to her: Baboon) was babysitting us and she was telling me some random story about God knows what while preparing dinner. But, I wasn't in the same room as her. I was in the bathroom around the corner brushing my hair because five minutes prior she had told me I looked homeless and that my hair was "ughhhh, I don't know, not good cut".

Usually it doesn't matter if you are in the same room as her while she tells you her stories as she doesn't normally require a response to anything because she just talks endlessly about anything and everything and could care less about what you have to say (I know I sound mean, but she honestly DOESN'T STOP), but this time she kept asking me something and I couldn't hear her. So, she told me to come into the kitchen.

I went in and continued to brush my hair while she told me some story about how my uncle George fell off the refrigerator or something when he was three and how I should probably not let my 4-year old brother go on the refrigerator. Thanks. Good advice. Then she asked me to hand her the potatoes, so I put my brush down onto the table and handed her the bowl.

All of a sudden she looked over at the hair brush sitting on the table, then at me, and with sheer disgust and conviction she says to me, her 7-year old granddaughter, "Keep that up and you'll never have a husband."

Old People! Good stuff... Guess I'll never have one of these guys!

Shucks.

1 comment:

  1. aaaaaahhhhhahahaahahahaaaaaa awww man, such a good photo, especially but the whole thing was great!
    also, good title for the post below.

    ReplyDelete