Monday, May 24, 2010

Ants Say Uncle

When I woke up, I went the bathroom for my morning "freshening up". As I walked in, I was surprised to find an enormous ant that was bigger than the size of my thumbnail. I didn't really put my finger next to it to get an exact measurement, but I feel like I have a good sense of size (take that boys!)

Anywhoo, I was disgusted by it's big, black, ripe-looking body so I threw a wet wad of toilet paper onto it (wet from water. This is my preferred method of catching bugs so i don't have to get close to touching them but I can pick them up without a man around). It never moved the entire time. Then I threw it into the toilet. I figured it was dead by now and drowned by the water and weight of the wad.

I washed my hands, then washed my face, then went to use the "facilities". To my dismay, the ant was now on top of the wad like it was his little island. How, I don't know. I guess they can breathe under water. So... I figured I might as well poop on it. And that's how it died.







Go to the link below for more info about ants!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant

Excerpt: "Like other insects, ants perceive smells with their long, thin and mobile antennae. The paired antennae provide information about the direction and intensity of scents."

Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. INTERGENERATIONAL LAUGHS OCCURRED WHILE READING THIS BLOG.

    ReplyDelete